The castle, dating from 1480, was gifted to the Church of Scotland in 1961 by the Elphinstone family.
Carberry was transferred from Church of Scotland ownership to a Trust on which Action of Churches Together in Scotland, the Evangelical Alliance, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh and Lothian Presbytery are all represented.
For information on Carberry Tower click on the Button and visit their Web Site.
NB This link brings up a new Browser
For more detailed historical information, visit the HolidayNet pages
© Iain Morrison 1999