Chapelhall Parish Church
Statement - Location:
(5 - YEAR REVIEWABLE TENURE)
We are a caring congregation, who are looking for a minister who will lead us forward in faith and worship, and help us: -
In encouraging the young people within our organisations
and the village to join with us at Church. As we see them
as our future. IQOptions
In visiting all the houses within the village, (including the
new housing developments) and to encourage these people
to join with us in worship.
Reach out to those people, especially the elderly and sick,
who are in need of our help and pastoral care.
The church is located approximately 12 miles east of Glasgow, 30 miles west of Edinburgh and adjacent to the M8 motorway. Chapelhall is 3 miles south of Airdrie and in the electoral area of North Lanarkshire.
Within a 20-minute drive, you can reach Wishaw, Hamilton, Lanark, East Kilbride, Airdrie, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld and Glasgow - all of which have major shopping and leisure facilities.
Access to the main road links, M74 (South) and M9 (North) and rail links to both national and local train services are easily accessible.
Chapelhall has grown in size and population over the past decade, with the building of new housing (private) developments.
At this time the population is 6,000 and it is anticipated this will reach 8,500 by 2008, when the last of the housing developments will be completed.
Within the village there are: -
A recently opened joint school campus accommodating Chapelhall Primary School (A non-denominational Primary School) and St Aloysius (A Roman Catholic Primary School)
A sheltered housing complex with a close church involvement
A medical centre
A senior citizens centre
A Roman Catholic Church - St Aloysius
An Apostolic Church (Brethren)
Supermarket plus various local shops including a Chemist
A plan showing the village, including all new planned developments can be found on page 9.
Chapelhall Parish Church Exterior View
THE CHURCH BUILDINGS
The Church was completed and opened on 26th July 1857 and is a
' Grade B' listed building of special architectural and historic interest.
The title deeds for the Church and Manse are held at Edinburgh in the name of the congregation.
The Church consists of a sanctuary, with a seating capacity of 390, a small hall with a capacity of 40, a vestry, which is also utilised as a Session House, a kitchen and toilets.
The building has been well maintained and has had refurbishment work carried out within the last 10 years, to both the interior and exterior at a cost of £125k.
The Church operates under the Model Constitution.
In 2007, the Church will be celebrating the 150th anniversary since it was established.
Chapelhall Parish Church Manse
The Manse was constructed in 1863 and is located adjacent to the Church.
It comprises of 4 bedrooms (3 of which are double), 2 public rooms, a study, a bathroom (which is fully tiled and has both bath and shower), A large breakfasting kitchen and has ample cupboard space. Gas central heating is installed.
There is also a detached garage and a garden at the rear, as well as ample parking space to the front of the manse.
The manse is in good condition, and it is intended to fully decorate it in conjunction with the new minister, prior to moving in. IQOption
THE LARGE HALL
Completed in 1956, the large hall is located within the grounds, to the rear of the Church premises, and has a seating capacity of 200.
It comprises of a general floor area with a stage, a kitchen, a lesser hall (with a seating capacity of 30 - 40), and is complete with toilets. Major refurbishment is planned over the next few years.
Chapelhall Parish Church Interior
Sunday worship consists of a morning service that commences at 10:30 a.m. and lasts approximately one hour.
The Sunday School is in Church for two hymns and the children's address, then adjourns to the large hall for further teaching.
A crèche is available for younger children and is held in the small hall.
The congregational music is from CH3 and a supplementary songbook, compiled by a group of Church members.
Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of March, June, September and December, with a morning service at 10:30 a.m. Followed by an evening service at 6:30 p.m.
Communion is also held at the Sheltered Housing complex on the Wednesday following the Sunday Communion, at 1:00 p.m.
A bus operates locally on a Sunday to transport members to and from the morning service.
We enjoy a good relationship with St. Aloysius RC Church and at Christmas, we hold a joint carol service. This is held in both churches on alternate years. IQOption
Clerk to the Nomination Committee
Mrs Fay Mitchell, 15 Porters Lane, Chapelhall, Airdrie, ML6 8TD.
Tel: No: 01236 760699
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to whom application should be made.Mrs Fay Mitchell
Rev James Zambonini
100 Old Manse Road, Wishaw. ML2 0EP,
Tel. No 01698 350889
PDF of Parish Profile
To read our profile you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, Click on the button to download the latest version of the plug-in if you require it!
Click Here to view the PDF File - Right Click to Download